Continuing on with the Valentine’s Day posts here are some outfit ideas to help you out for a variety of possible Vday plans. Including a casual date, a night out on the town, a fancy evening out, and a relaxed evening in. Hope this helps anyone struggling to for the right outfit.
The first outfit we have is for a casual date night, whether that is bowling, mini golf, a movie, or something else, here is a basic outfit equation to help you out. Especially if you are looking to be festive with hearts!
1. Jacket: Here are three different ideas for your jacket (depending on where you live you may well need a coat too). The first is a nice comfy sweater, the second a light wash denim jacket, and the third a draped pastel blazer. I picked these because they are not only all easy to move in but also nice light colors as we are heading into spring.
2. Heart Tee: These tees are nice if you are really wanting to get into the festive mode. They all have different hearts on them and they are just fun!
3. Jeans: Nothing like a good pair of jeans. Whether boyfriend, skinny, dark wash or light wash it doesn’t really matter. As long as you are comfy in them and can move around in case you are doing a physical activity.
4. Shoes: The three shoe choices I included are cut out booties, Converse, and loafers. The cut out booties are cute and fun and can give a bit of an edgier look to whatever you are wearing. I like them because they have a bit of a heel but not too much that it’s unbearable to wear all day. I have a pair from Spring that I love!! Converse are great because they are casual, but can help make an outfit. And the loafers are a nice, dressier option but still just as comfortable to wear. (Unless you have fallen arches like me in which case not the comfiest without inserts!)
5. ACCESSORIES: Adding a few nice Valentine’s day themed jewelry items into the mix is a sweet way to show your holiday spirit. Basically anything with love or hearts will do, and even arrows. But remember to not go too big or too overboard with the jewelry as this is a casual date and you don’t want to be weighed down whilst mini golfing because you decided to wear a huge statement necklace.
6. Makeup: Keep the makeup neutral for a casual date. Opt for a light pink lip color over a deep, dark one. If you are going to do eye makeup or nails keep those nice, neutral, and natural as well.