For the first Valentine’s day installment here are some gift ideas that work for the man or lady in your life.
1. Band Merchandise: Whether you get concert tickets to your favorite shared band or get them a band tee, or a cd, or all of them, showing that you pay attention to the little things like what kind of music they like is a great way to show you care.
2. Household Items with Charm: Chapters is a great place to get awesome pillows and mugs full of personality. (It also happens to be one of my favorite stores). The three pillows and two mugs shown are all from Chapters and are cute practical items.
3. Board Games: Now I understand not everyone loves to play card and board games as much as I do however they are great way to get in some bonding time, whether it be just the two of you for a nice game of Scrabble or hosting a game night for friends and family, or playing a 6 hour game of Settlers of Catan. (I have yet to play this particular game but I hear it’s fun and very involved. Games are a fun and engaging gift!
4. “Why I Love You” Books: The two little couponesque books pictured above are also from Chapters. They give you fill in the blanks to give your significant other and tell them all the reasons why you love them or why they are hot (for a more comedic tone). I’ve seen a few others that you can DIY on pinterest, ones like 52 reasons why I love you, using a deck of playing cards. Here is a link to one of the many variations there are https://firstsense.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/valentines-day-ideas/
If you want to make it extra special you can do this DIY on a deck of playing cards that are themed, like their favorite tv show or band. This is a cute and personalized gift, whether hand made or store bought.
5. Fragrance: Who doesn’t love a good smelling perfume or cologne? So why not grab up your significant other’s favorite scent for them. Whether you go all out and get a set featuring eau de toilette, body wash, moisturizer, etc. or you just the eau de toilette itself it’s a nice little gift that you know they’ll use. As long as you have been paying attention to what they really like in a fragrance or stick to one you know they love. If you are on a budget you can even find some good ones on sale at places like Shoppers Drug Mart or online http://fragrancebuy.ca/
Well I hope this has helped anyone struggling to find a V-day gift. These gifts work well for significant others but they can also be great for friends and family.